Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kelley School visit/Debt and the markets

I'm having a great time on vacation out here in Bloomington, saw all the family and going back home early tomorrow morning. I visited IU Kelley school of business this morning, met up with associate director of admissions and I have to say that it is a great school. They were very helpful with all of my questions, and seemed impressed with what I have done so far. It is not definite yet, but a strong possibility after I'm done with my four years at St. Bonaventure University.

With this being my last time out here, I still can't believe it; 20 years has flew that quickly, I got to know more about my dad, his childhood, brothers and sisters than I have ever known before, I will truly miss it.

Market report: Alright where do I start? First we had America's finest Obama on last night telling us the same BS we already knew for the last idk how long, 25 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Our congressional "leaders" love that can kicking strategy and sadly it will probably work. We will get down to the last day or hour therefore possibly, then agree to another short-term deal. We will probably continue to live on the edge like this until we get real people to run our country.

Earnings front: 3M was a shocker to me, I didn't really expect a big down move like that, no positions
Amazon, I'm cautious on, as to how this internet "giant" creates 9.9B rev then only nets 100M? still have common, holding for now. The big tech names continue to deliver the good news, I'd like them and be more bullish with lower unemployment rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment